Got questions? We've got answers.
POLICY UPDATE! Read #3.
(You're gonna love this!)
New and seasoned consignors that have questions on our consignment policy will find answers here. If not, please call us at 262-767-9006. Read the Top 10 Seller Frequently Asked Questions:
Top 10 Seller FAQ's
1. What is consignment? Consignment is when a store sells your items for you for a fee. Chic and Unique markets and promotes your items with the intent of selling it fast at a price that attracts buyers. We are not a "thrift store" as we hand select each item individually that our customers will love.
2. How do I consign my clothing, shoes, and handbags with Chic and Unique? It's simple! Give us a call and we'll set aside a convenient time for you to bring in your items. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. That's it!
3. POLICY UPDATE: Is there a limit to how many clothing, shoes, and handbags that I can bring in? YES AND NO...
~YES, ONLY IF YOU WANT ANY UNSOLD ITEMS RETURNED TO YOU; WE WILL ACCEPT UP TO 20 CLOTHING ITEMS PLUS A SMALL BAG OF SHOES AND A SMALL BAG OF HANDBAGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
~ NO, IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR UNSOLD ITEMS RETURNED, WE WILL DONATE THEM ON YOUR BEHALF (WE'RE CALLING THIS "DROP & GO"). YOU DO NOT NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AND YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO HOW MANY ITEMS YOU CAN BRING IN. WE DO REQUIRE THAT THEY BE IN-SEASON, HUNG ON NON-RETURNABLE HANGERS OR FOLDED NEATLY INSIDE BAGS.
4. What kind of clothes do you accept? We are very selective because we know what our buyers are looking for. We accept trendy, seasonal clothing no more than three years old, shoes, and handbags that are new, gently used, unstained/unflawed, with no perfume/pet/smoke smells and are in perfect working order (zippers, buttons, clips, etc.). We have years of experience in what sells well and what doesn't. Please check the page of brands we accept if you have questions on which brands we accept.
5. What if I have more than 20 items that I want to consign but I want them back if they don't sell? We require that you schedule another convenient time with us in about 3-4 weeks.
6. How much and when will I get paid? Who sets the price of what my items sell for? Chic and Unique will inspect, market, price, and promote your items during a 90 day marketing period. We price items at approximately 20-30% of the retail value to sell them quickly so that our buyers and sellers are both happy. You'll keep 40% off the selling price and will be paid at the end of the 90 day period by check.
7. What if I want to purchase something from Chic and Unique, can I use my sales as store credit? You bet! This is the most popular benefit our sellers prefer. Use your store credit towards any purchase - it's like free clothes and accessories!
8. What happens if my items don't sell? We happily donate your unsold items after your 90 days have expired. We proudly donate to local charities in our community who benefit greatly from your items. Your items will stay out of the landfill and have a longer sustainable life.
9. Sounds great! What's the number that I call to set up a time to come in? Please call Chic and Unique at 262-767-9006. We schedule appointments at your convenience Mondays-Fridays from 11:00-5:00.
10. What if I can't come in during those times? Please call the store during business hours and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
© Copyright Chic and Unique, LLC