Got questions? We've got answers.
POLICY UPDATE! Read #3.
(You're gonna love this!)
New and seasoned consignors that have questions on our consignment policy will find answers here. If not, please call us at 262-767-9006. Read the Top Seller Frequently Asked Questions:
Top Seller FAQ's
1. What is consignment? Consignment is when a store sells your items for you for a fee. Chic and Unique markets and promotes your items with the intent of selling it fast at a price that attracts buyers. We are not a "thrift store" as we hand select each item individually that our customers will love.
2. How do I consign my clothing, shoes, and handbags with Chic and Unique? It's simple! Give us a call and we'll set aside a convenient time for you to bring in your items. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. That's it!
3. POLICY UPDATE: Is there a limit to how many clothing, shoes, and handbags that I can bring in? YES AND NO...
~YES, you are limited only if you want any unsold items returned to you at the end of the consignment period. We will accept up to 20 clothing items and one small bag of shoes and one small bag of handbags BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. This option will not be available after 8/31/19. Please read on...
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPTION WILL CHANGE ON 8/31/19 WHERE ALL ITEMS ACCEPTED WILL 100% BE DONATED AND NOT RETURNED. A TAX RECEIPT can BE PROVIDED, IF NECESSARY.
WE DONATE LOCALLY TO HELP THOSE LOCALLY IN NEED.
~ NO, IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR UNSOLD ITEMS RETURNED, WE WILL HAPPILY DONATE THEM ON YOUR BEHALF (WE CALL THIS "DROP & GO"). YOU DO NOT NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AND YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO HOW MANY ITEMS YOU CAN BRING IN. WE STILL REQUIRE THAT THEY are in excellent condition, IN-SEASON, HUNG ON NON-RETURNABLE HANGERS OR PLACED INSIDE A PLASTIC TOTE WITH A LID (very important!).
4. What kind of clothes do you accept? We are very selective because we know what our buyers are looking for. We accept trendy, seasonal clothing no more than three years old, shoes, and handbags that are new, gently used, unstained/unflawed, with no perfume/pet/smoke smells and are in perfect working order (zippers, buttons, clips, etc.). We have years of experience in what sells well and what doesn't. Please check the page of brands we accept if you have questions on which brands we accept.
5. What if I have more than 20 items that I want to consign but I want them back if they don't sell? We require that you schedule another convenient time with us in about 3-4 weeks.
6. How much and when will I get paid? Who sets the price of what my items sell for? Chic and Unique will inspect, market, price, and promote your items during a 90 day marketing period. We price items at approximately 20-30% of the retail value to sell them quickly so that our buyers and sellers are both happy. We will have markdown periods during this time to help sell your clothes priced at our discretion. You'll keep 40% off the selling price and will be paid at the end of the 90 day period by check.
7. What if I want to purchase something from Chic and Unique, can I use my sales as store credit? You bet! This is the most popular benefit our sellers prefer. Use your store credit towards any purchase - it's like free clothes and accessories!
8. What happens if my items don't sell? We happily donate your unsold items at the end of the consignment period. We proudly donate to local charities in our community who benefit greatly from your items. Your items will stay out of the landfill and have a longer sustainable life.
9. Sounds great! How can I reach you if I have more questions? Please call Chic and Unique at 262-767-9006. We schedule appointments at the earliest convenience Monday-Friday from 11:00-5:00.
10. What if I can't come in during those times? Please call the store during business hours and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
© Copyright Chic and Unique, LLC
Hours: Mon-Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4