Got questions? We've got answers.
New and seasoned consignors that have questions on our consignment policy will find answers here. If not, please call us at 262-767-9006. Read the Top Seller Frequently Asked Questions:
Top Seller FAQ's
1. What is consignment? Consignment is when a store sells your items for you for a fee. Chic and Unique markets and promotes your items with the intent of selling it fast at a price that attracts buyers. We are not a "thrift store" as we hand select each item individually that our customers will love.
2. How do I consign my clothing, shoes, and handbags with Chic and Unique? It's simple! Give us a call and we'll set aside a convenient time for you to bring in your items. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. That's it!
3. POLICY UPDATE: Is there a limit to how many clothing, shoes, and handbags that I can bring in? NO...
As of 8/01/15, you are not limited to the amount of items that you would like to consign with Chic & Unique. However, our storage area is SMALL so we ask that call ahead to make sure we have room for your items and that you refrain from bringing items in garbage bags. We will only accept clean, scent-free clothing that are on non-returnable hangers, one small bag of shoes, and one small bag of handbags. If you like, you may bring your clean items inside one tote WITH A LID and your name written on a card placed inside the tote. We will return totes, if requested.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ITEMS that have not met our quality standards or have not been sold at the end of our 90 day consignment period WILL BE DONATED locally AND will NOT be RETURNED.
WE DONATE LOCALLY TO HELP THOSE LOCALLY IN NEED.
WE STILL REQUIRE that your items are in excellent condition, IN-SEASON, HUNG ON NON-RETURNABLE HANGERS OR PLACED INSIDE A PLASTIC TOTE WITH A LID with your name on a notecard (very important!).
4. What kind of clothes do you accept? We are very selective because we know what our buyers are looking for. We accept trendy, seasonal clothing no more than three years old, shoes, and handbags that are new, gently used, unstained/unflawed, with no perfume/pet/smoke smells and are in perfect working order (zippers, buttons, clips, etc.). We have years of experience in what sells well and what doesn't. Please check the page of brands we accept if you have questions on which brands we accept.
5. What if I want to consign items but I want them back if they don't sell? We will not accept your items if you require them returned to you at the end of your consignment period. We ask that you only bring in items you are 100% ready to part with - after all, that's the whole point of you bringing them in for us to sell for you. We will make exceptions for high-end items ONLY (Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi, etc.) which is to be discussed during your Drop & Go time.
6. How much and when will I get paid? Who sets the price of what my items sell for? Chic and Unique will inspect, market, price, and promote your items during a 90 day marketing period. We price items at approximately 20-30% of the retail value to sell them quickly so that our buyers and sellers are both happy. We will have markdown periods during this time to help sell your clothes priced at our discretion. You'll keep 40% off the selling price and will be paid when your account has at least $20 credited by check on the 21st of each month, or at the end of the 90 day period by check.
7. What if I want to purchase something from Chic and Unique, can I use my sales as store credit? You bet! This is the most popular benefit our sellers prefer. Use your store credit towards any purchase - it's like free clothes and accessories!
8. What happens to my items that didn't sell? We happily donate your unsold items at the end of the consignment period. We proudly donate to local charities in our community who benefit greatly from your items. Your items will stay out of the landfill and have a longer sustainable life.
9. Sounds great! How can I reach you if I have more questions? Please call Chic and Unique at 262-767-9006. We accept "Drop & Go" items at your convenience during business hours Monday-Friday from 11:00-5:00. Please note that Saturday drop offs are very difficult for us to accept as we are busy selling your items to our customers.
10. What if I can't come in during those times? Please call the store during business hours and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
© Copyright Chic and Unique, LLC
Hours: Mon-Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4