Burlington hours: Tue-Fri 10-5, Sat 10-4 (closed Sun/Mon)
Lake Geneva hours: Mon-Sat 10-5:30, Sun 11-5:00 (open 7 days a week!)
Appointments are now REQUIRED. NO drop offs or walk-ins will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ITEMS THAT HAVE NOT MET OUR QUALITY STANDARDS OR HAVE NOT BEEN SOLD AT THE END OF OUR 90 DAY CONSIGNMENT PERIOD WILL BE DONATED LOCALLY AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED. WE DONATE LOCALLY TO HELP THOSE LOCALLY IN NEED.
We require that your items are in flawless, ready-to-sell condition, are in-season, neatly folded inside a tote with a lid (no larger than 14 gallons) that is NOT STUFFED TO THE BRIM full! Include a note card with your name, phone number, and date inside the tote (very important!). We will not accept items inside a garbage bags or on hangers at this time unless it is a heavy coat. Totes will be reused on a rotating consignor basis and may not be returned. This is a temporary situation and we do intend to go back to the hanger method when dropping off items.
1. What is consignment? Consignment is when a store sells your items for you for a small fee. Chic and Unique markets and promotes your items with the intent of selling it fast at a price that attracts buyers. We are not a "thrift store" as we hand select each item individually that our customers are looking for and will love to own.
2. How do I consign my clothing, shoes, and handbags with Chic and Unique? It's simple! Give us a call and we'll set aside a convenient time for you to bring in your items. The whole process takes about 10-15 minutes. That's it!
3. Is there a limit to how many items I can bring in? YES...Our storage area is SMALL at both locations. We require that you call ahead to make an appointment. We ask that you refrain from bringing items in garbage bags. We will only accept in-season clothing, shoes, and handbags that are flawless, clean, and scent-free and that will fit inside ONE REGULAR SIZED TOTE WITH A LID ONLY and NOT OVERSTUFFED, no exceptions. You can bring in-season clothing, handbags, and/or shoes but it must all fit inside ONE tote with a lid or a closed cardboard box. Be sure to include your name on the inside of your tote with your clean items. We will return totes only if requested.
4. What kind of clothes do you accept? We are very selective because we know what our buyers are looking for and the quality they expect. We accept trendy, seasonal clothing (no more than three years old), shoes, and handbags that are new, gently used, unstained/flawless, with no perfume/pet/smoke smells, and are in perfect working order (zippers, buttons, clips, etc.). We have many years of experience in what sells well and what doesn't. Please check the page of brands we accept if you have questions.
5. What if I want to consign items but I want them back if they don't sell? We ask that you only bring in items you are 100% ready to part with - after all, that's the whole point of you bringing them in for us to sell for you. We will make exceptions for high-end items ONLY (Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi, Gucci, etc.) which is to be discussed during your scheduled appointment.
6. How much and when will I get paid? Who sets the price of what my items sell for? Chic and Unique will inspect, price, market, and promote your items during a 90 day term period. We price items at approximately 20-30% of the retail value to sell them quickly so that our buyers and sellers are both happy. We will have markdown periods during this time to help sell your clothes priced at our discretion. You'll keep 40% off the selling price and will be paid when your account has at least $20 credited by check on the 21st of each month or at the end of the 90 day period by check.
7. What if I want to purchase something from Chic and Unique, can I use my sales as store credit? You bet! This is the most popular benefit our sellers prefer. Use your store credit towards any purchase - it's like free clothes and accessories!
8. What happens to my items that didn't sell? We happily donate your unsold items at the end of the consignment period. We proudly donate to local charities in our community who benefit greatly from your items. Your items will stay out of the landfill and have a longer sustainable life.
9. Sounds great! How can I set up an appointment? Please call first! No appointments will be made until further notice. We WILL NOT accept any unscheduled drop offs. Call Burlington 262-767-9006 or Lake Geneva 262-203-5309. Please note that Saturday appointments are very limited; we are busy selling your items to our customers.
10. What if I can't come in during those times? Please call the store during business hours and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
GENERAL INTAKE CALENDAR:
January-March: Spring items
April-July: Summer items
August-September: Fall items
October-December: Winter items
© Copyright Chic and Unique LLC 2020
Burlington Hours: Tues-Fri 10-5, Sat 10-4
Lake Geneva Hours: M-Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5